Friday, November 25, 2011

Blueberry Crumb Cake

This is another George Stella recipe that was part of last night's Thanksgiving feast.



This is my second attempt at making this. For some reason, it doesn't look as pretty as my first attempt. The first time around, I subbed the soy flour with almond flour because I was afraid I wouldn't like soy flour (my sister and father both warned me about it). But this time, I used the right flours but added plenty of cinnamon to the soy, in fear of ruining the whole recipe by making it taste weird.

But it turned out fine. Not as good as the first time but the soy wasn't as strong as I thought it'd be. Not sure if that's from all the cinnamon or that I just don't mind soy flour. It's a dessert that tastes best cooled in the fridge for a couple hours because of the cream cheese in it. The crumb topping was my favorite part.

Pros:

Something different and edgy but easy to make

Cons:

The almond flour is expensive

Recommended? Yes siree!

Will I use this recipe again? I have and I will.

Where to find this recipe:

George Stella's Blueberry Crumb Cake

Extra comments: I subbed the soy milk with heavy cream. I don't usually have that kind of thing on hand and this did the same job. I will most likely keep using heavy cream.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment