Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pumpkin Pound Cake

It's Thanksgiving! I've never really liked pumpkin but ever since I saw the pumpkin bread my boss made at the bakery I work at, I've been craving cinnamon and pumpkin like never before.

I dug out this recipe I printed off quite awhile ago from one of my favorite low-carb chefs, the brilliant George Stella.





As you can see, it didn't last long. But it did satisfy my cravings! And was great to snack on as we decorated the Christmas tree. And as it baked in the oven, the house even smelled like Christmas. I let it cool in the fridge for a few hours after taking it out of the oven. This is the perfect holiday treat! I couldn't eat more than two slices at once though. I can say with confidence that it's definitely for your sweet tooth!

Pros:

Delicious, moist, can feed plenty of people

Cons:

Ingredients are expensive and takes almost an hour and a half to bake

Recommended? Yes.

Will I use this recipe again? Due to the price, I will probably save this for special occasions but I will definitely use it again.

Where to find this recipe:

George Stella's Pumpkin Pound Cake

Extra comments: I sprinkled the top with cinnamon and sugar substitute to give it a little more flair. This makes for a great crust also.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment