Monday, November 21, 2011

Pizza and Breadsticks

Don't think there's such a thing as low-carb pizza and breadsticks? Well there is! And Your Lighter Side can prove it.

This is what it's supposed to look like.

What mine looks like ...


I think this turned out great! I like my pizza crispy so I cooked it a little longer. Though I love the pizza, I think the breadsticks were even better! They are quite the pair though. Can't have one without the other.

This is my second attempt at making this. You'll know what little things you need to change the second time around. For example, if you don't cook the the crust long enough, the middle won't be as firm as you'd like. But if you cook it too long, the outside of the crust will crisp up too much and get pretty dark. It will still taste great though!

I ran out of mozzarella cheese so I also used cheddar. I found it tastes better this way too. Personal choice is all. It's hard to believe the crust is made mainly from cauliflower. It doesn't taste like cauliflower one bit. So don't have that scare you away.

Pros:

Simple, easy to make

Cons:

Burns easily so you have to keep your eye on it

Recommended? Yes.

Will I use this recipe again? I sure will.

Where to find these recipes:

The Pizza
The Breadsticks

Extra comments:

If you are making both at the same time, remember to make the breadsticks first. I made the mistake of making the pizza first the first time around. You'll save much more time if you make the breadsticks first. If you are making pepperoni pizza, fry the pepperonis on the stove and lay them out on paper towels to get the grease out. It also makes them nice and crispy on the edges.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment